Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Six weeks

We've reached the six week mark. And look at that, the entire month of June is over too. I wouldn't say that time is "Flying" by; I feel every second of it. But looking back, it is kind of amazing that six entire weeks have passed. I am now on a first name basis with two of the USPS postal workers because I visit them so frequently. Generally, I mail packages on Tuesdays unless I have something special that absolutely needs to go out on another day. This week I sent some snacky mcsnacks to a few of the other pilots that I've come to know...one of which can be credited with helping Will and I realize our blossoming love - that's another post.

Anyway, I sent them mail on Monday from the nearest post office. Today I put together Will's weekly love box and mailed it from a different post office down the road. Wouldn't you know, my main man Dave, USPS clerk extraordinaire was there to help me again. "Hey there, weren't you at Barracks Road yesterday?" I asked. "Yeah, so were you. I thought that was you in line," he replied. Then he proceeded to notify me that my flat rate box would cost me more than the package was worth in weight so we transferred the contents to another box right then and there. $2.55 saved thanks to my strong rapport with Dave. Maybe by the end of summer he'll be slashing stamp prices for me.

Things in the desert are heating up in more ways than one. It is getting hotter everyday which makes sleeping in tents a big sweaty mess. Will has a fan in his room, but that won't cut it, especially when he sleeps in his PT gear so he's ready to go at any second. And now that winter has passed, the bad guys are able to cross the mountainous terrain with greater ease. Those little turds are popping up everywhere and continuously causing trouble. My handsome fighter pilot (mustache and all) and the rest of the military are taking care of business.

No comments: