Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eight Weeks

It's been eight long weeks since Will left for "summer break." We are almost half way through this deployment now. We've had trouble skyping lately because the internet connection over there is slow and doesn't allow his laptop to connect very easily. This has been problematic because he is growing a mustache that he desperately wants to shave but I won't let him until I see it! He threatened to take pictures on his camera which I probably wouldn't see until he came home, so that he could sleep through the night without it tickling his face. Luckily, he found a place on base with Skype already set up on desktop computers so while I was at the beach this weekend, I got to see his handsome face. With his blond mustache and headset now he looks like Goose trying to sell me a shamwow. Doesn't matter - just like Meg Ryan I think he is a big stud no matter what kind of hair he has and as long as I get to see his face every now and then, I'm a very happy girl.

My biggest obstacle this week is trying to figure out how to ship bagels and cream cheese overseas...(shhh it's a surprise so hopefully he won't read this until after they arrive). Any ideas? I've looked into insulated cooler boxes with gel packs but I'm afraid that bagels from a shop will go bad without preservatives even in a cold cooler case. He's just a big bagel and cream cheese fanatic and misses them so much. In fact, while walking by Bodo's one day, we found out that we've each had the same order for years - salt bagel with lite veggie. Maybe I'll just give it a whirl and see what happens.

The days keep passing and for that I am grateful. Will still has his sense of humor and makes me laugh every night. He's also taking classes toward his master's degree and has finished one already. Who knew you could fight a war and get an education at the same time! Our kids will really have no excuses.

No comments: