Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My marble jar has reached the second row! Let me explain...before Will deployed, he gave me two glass jars and a bag of marbles. One jar had his initials engraved on it and one had my initials engraved on it. He counted out as many marbles as days he will be gone and told me to pour them all in his jar. Each day I take one marble from his jar and put it in my jar to symbolize him coming back to me. Now you can ooo and ahhh and understand why he is so amazing. He was actually pretty proud of himself for coming up with that idea all by himself.

In any event, moving marbles for the first few days seemed insignificant, as if my jar would never fill up. But day by day it gets a little heavier and today, the marble I moved sat stacked up on a second row, atop the bottom layer! Will always says "we can't stop time from passing," so at least we know there is an endpoint in sight and we just keep holding on until we reach it.



When I spoke with him last night, he did say that these last few weeks have passed relatively quickly for him because they are so busy with a full schedule of flights. I was happy to hear that because I thought between the two of us, time might seem to pass a little slower for him since he's in a new place with less than Hilton quality accommodations.

The time has actually passed faster than I thought as well. I've had lots of post-move out responsibilities at the house, getting ready for a new group to rent, cleaning the left behinds, and preparing for reunions this weekend. Plus, the hospital has been busting at the seams with pregnant women so even my 12+ hour days at work fly by. On that note, if anyone in Charlottesville wants to use a condom, you can get them for free at Student Health. We only have one Target and one Babies R Us in this town - I'm sure the hospital is not the only place unable to handle all the baby making. Let's not forget my friends Kerri and Rebecca who work in the NICU - they are packed too!

Anyway, I'm glad the marble jar is finally stacking up. It's kind of like my heart, filling up with more and more love than ever before. I never thought it was possible to love him any more than I did in Paris but everyday I still fall more and more in love with him.

PS - The shower caddies arrived today - I'll keep you posted on the lucky winners!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Talk about packed. The unit is about to explode. I fully expect to find babies placed in the window sills on my next shift Wednesday. Guess those early blizzard babies are making their appearance.