Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Wedding

This weekend I was reminded of the pleasure of winter weddings. My dear friends Nathan and Michelle chose a date that would not compete with any other prime wedding season events which meant that Will and I could both attend. They even picked a winter holiday weekend so that Will could enjoy more time with me! Even if that meant leaving our brand new house full of unpacked boxes and partially assembled furniture in sunny 75 degree Arizona. Will was thrilled that the reception site had a television with the playoff football games to watch while I was decorating the cake - that's right. My first and last wedding cake. This cake shop is closed for business. But it was a fun experience, the bride was happy (thank goodness) and now I can say "been there, done that." Somehow I failed to get a shot of the actual cake - after all that! I'm sure one will surface soon.

 The tandem bicycle photo op at the reception - clearly, we will never be using one of these as I could barely walk after posing for one picture.

The dip - into the fireplace. Very romantic.

No comments: