Sunday, January 2, 2011

Home for Christmas

Even though I wasn't planning on being home for Christmas this year, it was a wonderful treat to be able to spend the holiday with our family and friends. Will and I spent our first major holiday together and were able to shuttle back and forth between houses to see everyone. We were on the run but still able to relax and enjoy the controlled chaos. We hit up two Christmas eve parties, had dinner with all of his brothers and sisters and won the greatest prize at my family's "Chinese gift exchange." I'm not sure why we still call it the chinese gift exchange - I'm not aware of any of my Chinese friends having clepto tendencies, but we've never been the most politically correct group anyway. But we are a fun bunch, that's for sure. And we're still available to entertain at your family events. We are especially popular at weddings, BBQs and church events that would otherwise cause a snoozefest.


Uncle Jay (dad) is never camera shy

Christmas with Granddaddy and my Va Tech cousins. I'm feeling very outnumbered here

 Will snagged an entire box of fortune cookies at the Chinese gift exchange. How fitting. Let's hope no one steals this magnificent prize.

 
2010

Christmas Eve with the Baskettes. Nina, even after 25 years, my mom can't get all the kids to pose for a decent family picture. Good luck.


2009

Will and I on Christmas Eve. Thanks for the tree prop McKeevers!

Best gift ever. This was a hit for Dad all weekend long.

 And this is my uncle A.C. with his Chinese gift exchange loot. I love my family.


 80's throwback. Again, Nina, just get them in the same room. That's good enough!

1 comment:

Nina said...

I read this about three times to see if I was actually getting a personal shout out! And I am thrilled! And I love that last picture of you - your hair was AMAZING. Glad that your family is nutso and that your Christmas was great!