Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Chaperoning" DG events is one of the many privileges of being a house mom. I don't ever remember asking my mom to come to prom or go on dates with me, but these girls just can't get enough of this mom all up in their business. Last weekend was the last social function of the year so I got dressed up, interrogated a few young gentlemen friends of my girls and even let some of them take me for a spin around the dance floor. That last part proved to be tragic for anyone watching. I am in the midst of planning an end of the year party for the girls who live in the house and it is making me quit tearful to tell the truth. I have grown to love these girls to pieces and cannot imagine the emptiness that will fill my heart when they move out this summer. I'll surely be a wreck until the fall when my new class moves in and this class returns to wreak havoc on this town for one more year.

Drip drip. Wipe the tears. Here are the pictures from formal last weekend.




No comments: