Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Well, needless to say I'm snowed in! I've called in my own national guard - my brother - to come and get me for Christmas. The last few days have been incredible though. Thankfully I am within walking distance of the hospital so I was able to work this weekend. Babies don't stop delivering just because the weather is "inclement!" And I'm also lucky enough to have a huge house with lots of beds, heat, food, running water and a spinning christmas tree. So I hosted nurse sleepovers each night so that people could leave the hospital, get a hot shower and some rest before heading back each morning. We also utilized the operating room shoe covers as waterproof boots and headed to the bar after each shift. What a storm to remember! I love these women and am so glad that I was able to weather the storm with them. At least I haven't been stuck inside alone all weekend. We had tons of fun and will have stories for a lifetime. Watch as the group grows each night!









No comments: