Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm in the process of making babies like me. I'm pretty sure at this point, all babies hate me. I don't know what it is, but everytime I'm around, they scream and cry and then they poop. This does not bode well for my orientation to the newborn nursery at work which begins this Monday. Luckily, I have four days off to investigate how to make babies realize that I am amazing. Today I got to practice with my nephew, David. He started to fuss and cry not five minutes after I arrived but it turns out that he was legitimately hungry, so that was ok. Once he was good and full he started to buy into the "Aunt Lindsey is cool" theory. And then he started crying again. Ugh. What does it take? Babies don't appreciate all the things I can do yet. They can't eat cake. They don't understand English so I can't tell them jokes. And they don't seem to understand that I helped bring them into this world! Here's hoping that the next month in the nursery makes me a superstar in baby world.

Here's some pictures of cutie pie baby David!




1 comment:

Kerri said...

come play with my baby. she'll giggle at your jokes.