Thursday, May 14, 2009

Best Preceptor Ever

Amy Crabb is hands down the best preceptor I've ever had at UVA or Martha Jefferson. There have been some great ones but she is extraordinary. So extraordinary in fact, that she was nominated for preceptor of the year for the whole hospital. I made her wear a corsage and baked special smiley face cookies for the presentation of awards. Although she did not win the top prize as determined by a panel of people who clearly do not know her personally, she wins in my book. Amy is practical, hysterical, sarcastic, smart, witty, patient and far more experienced than I in the field of nursing. She has taught me so much over the last four months and I can't wait to be back at the bedside with her support for the duration of the summer. Cheers to you, preceptor of my life.

2 comments:

Stephanie Puffenbarger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

yay! Amy was my preceptor for L&D as well.. just for a few short weeks - but she was a rockstar! I'm so glad you had her for your practicum and you've had SUCH a good experience!