Sunday, May 17, 2009

13.1

I ran my first 1/2 marathon on Saturday and set the pace for those to come. In the start corral, another runner and I started chatting and she said that she hoped to run a 10-11 minute mile and I said, "me too." The next thing I knew, the start gun went off and we fell into a rhythmic pace with one another. We ran together for 12 miles before she took off ahead of me, but waited for me at the finish line! It wasn't until after we nearly collapsed at the finish that we introduced ourselves and exchanged a well-deserved high five for making it all the way. I'm not sure what I would have done without that stranger's company the entire race. Official race time: 2hrs 11 min 29 sec.

Here's my smiling face after the race with Tim who finished almost an entire hour ahead of me (1hr 20min - 2nd place overall). Yeah, he's fast.
I'm not sure if you can see the salt dried all over my body but I licked my shoulder at one point and think I'm still retaining water from it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=rocephin im injection ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg