Tuesday, October 30, 2007

From VA live in CO Hate the Sox Go Rox

October 2007: Rockies win the NLCS Pennant and go to the World Series for the first time in franchise history. After spending an entire summer watching the Rocks play from the stands, I move to Virginia in August. Go figure. So in a rare moment of spontaneity, I book a ticket to Denver for the weekend during which the world series will be played there. Life is short. These things don't happen everyday. We have to make the most of it when we can. Plus, I've always wanted a "Travis Simone" moment in my life and this may have been it. Although, I did not get tickets to any of the games. The Rockies were swept by the Red Sox in 4 games, ending on Coors Field, but it was a weekend that I will never forget and neither will the city of Denver.



Walter's sign for the stands - some people were lucky enough to go to game 3:-(

Carrie and I made fast friends with these guys


Carrie and I hanging out before the first pitch

No comments: