Thursday, May 20, 2010

I made it back to the States in true tourist fashion....with heavier luggage than when I left. Funny thing is, I didn't make a single purchase! It was a great trip and I had a blast with the Andreottas. They are really the best travel companions I could have asked for...even if we would have come in last place on the Amazing Race!

Italy was as beautiful as ever, although someone really should introduce the Italians to the concept of convenience...and a Target. It was actually quite refreshing to be completely cut off from all the interruptions of life for a little while and to just enjoy each other's company. We stayed within an hour of Sacile each day, visiting Aviano, Venice and San Daniel. The food and wine was incredible. Now the countdown until homecoming begins!


PS - I had no idea that my little blog had such a big following. Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement! Let's bring all our military home safely!






























Video of Will and the Buzzards taking off...he is the third of the six jets. It was an incredible sight and makes me so proud. Love him.

No comments: