Saturday, January 17, 2009

School is getting really interesting these days. We are taking some classes that I'm really excited about like Care Environment, Epidemiology and Health Policy. We are also beginning to plan our capstone projects. I'm actually seeing how I will be able to blend internal audit with nursing like bread and butter and how my auditing experience has prepared me well for this project and others down the road. This project has to do with improving practice in some way or making a process more efficient, saving money, improving patient care...something along those lines. I'm already thinking of how I'll have to schedule meetings with managers and leaders from different departments, create a risk and control matrix and write lots of narratives! It really is funny, but I'm kinda glad both of my careers are coming together like this. It makes me feel like auditing was really worthwhile and I actually miss doing something that I know how to do fairly well. Oh, how the stars align sometimes.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

good! i'm glad it all seems to be coming together well - who is teaching care environment for you? Have you decided on a project? Are you doing your practicum in L&D? hope you are well!